Senior Internal IT Audit Specialist
Global Re-insurance firm, excellent reputation and strong career opportunity
Senior Internal IT Audit Specialist will have the following:
Audit engagement activities
- To maintain an understanding of the IT and project landscape in the UK and proactively contribute to the UK audit plan.
- To undertake internal audits in either the lead, standalone or supporting roles.
- To utilise applicable audit tools and techniques in order to achieve the audit objectives.
- To support the delivery of the global IT audit plan outside the UK (<10%).
- To clearly and concisely report findings, conclusions, and any recommendations .
- To provide a risk-level grading to audit findings and recommendations.
Monitoring & follow-up activities
- To take ownership for monitoring and testing the implementation of recommendations by stakeholders.
Relationship management activities
- To develop trusted relationships with key stakeholders.
- To gain a deep understanding of the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
Senior Internal IT Audit Specialist will need:
- Sound knowledge of audit and control concepts such as COBIT
- Analytical skills, including the ability to look for the bigger picture
- Comfortable in translating technical concepts for non-IT personnel
- Effective stakeholder management skills - confident and affable manner, negotiating skills and assertiveness
- Broad knowledge in IT- systems and processes ( e.g. SAP ERP, IT Security)
- Practical operational experience, leading or as part of an IT team
- Application development and implementation experience (web based applications a particular advantage)
- Insurance industry experience.
- Experience in data analytics and knowledge of respective tools.
What's on Offer
£70,000 base plus benefits and pension and bonus