Senior Internal Auditor in the EMEA, based in Basel, Switzerland - Novartis
Novartis Business Assurance and Advisory, Internal Audit, Team Region Europe, Mittle East and Africa (EMEA
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
We are looking for a (Senior) Internal Auditor in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) team to be a trusted partner who keeps Novartis’ patients, associates, customers, assets, and reputation safe, and who helps Novartis be successful in reimagining medicine.
105,000 unique individuals work at Novartis, all with different needs and aspirations, aligned to a single inspirational purpose; to Reimagine Medicine for millions of patients around the world.
You will have opportunities to help improving governance, risk management, processes and our culture, and to engage with senior leaders of Novartis Corporate functions and country organizations. You will also be able to further develop your skills and strengths that will help you to reach new heights and to find professional fulfillment in an inspired, curious and unbossed organization.
You will be responsible but not limited to
- Plan, deliver and follow up from assurance and advisory projects in the EMEA markets and at the corporate level either as a team lead or team member.
- Identify the root causes of audit findings and investigate, analyze and recommend practical solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Act as a cultural change agent who supports the creation of an inspired, curious and unbossed organization.
- Support the EMEA audit team by providing peer-to-peer coaching and training, as well as, on-boarding new team members.
- Manage knowledge and drive innovation to ensure high-quality, value-adding and digitally enabled audit execution.
- Contribute to the digital transformation of the audit function to leverage the opportunities presented by current and new technologies and data across the organizations.
- Contribute to or lead regional or global Internal Audit methodology projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Postgraduate degree preferably in business administration (accounting, finance, economics, marketing)
- 4 to 8 years of relevant working experience in internal audit/advisory departments in a big four, in an IA boutique or consulting firm with focus on Pharma or the healthcare sector,
- OR 4-8 years of working experience in an internal audit department of an international company preferably in Pharma, medical devices, or Biotech sector
- OR a minimum of 10 years of experience in the business (e.g. commercial, general management, Finance) with a strong interest in internal audit
- Good knowledge of SAP FI and CO modules, ACL, Tableau, or other audit tool
- Profound business acumen and knowledge of process management and/or business process optimization
- Team-player with excellent communication and project management skills, ability to collaborate effectively across a matrix
- Fluent in English, at least one other language desirable, like Russian, French, German, Spanish, or any Eastern European
- Willingness to travel (up to 40%)
Interested candidates can apply directly on Brassring: