Internal Auditor (Professional, Internal Audit), Coca-Cola European Partners
Coca-Cola European Partners is a major fast-moving goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler by revenue. Our people make, sell and distribute the world’s best loved drinks across 13 countries in Western Europe.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join as a Manager, Internal Audit within our Corporate Audit Services Team (CAS). You will help the team achieve its mission, which is to deliver risk-targeted audit and advisory services that add value to the organisation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about CCEP’s business through leading and assisting (as required) risk-based audit engagements (operational and financial) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 testing to help the Company analyse and improve its financial and operating controls. You will also have the opportunity to review business processes and offer insights and ideas that can add value to the Company.
What to expect
In this role, you will lead individual audit engagements to ensure these are executed in the most effective, efficient manner and in accordance with the company-wide audit plan, professional audit standards, and quality assurance practices. You will be the first point of contact to provide guidance and audit results to middle and senior management, including leading audit opening and closing meetings. You will prepare final audit reports and will provide timely reporting of control issues along with cost-effective recommendations to management. Additionally, you will also manage the planning and execution of the SOX 404 operating effectiveness testing in accordance with the annual SOX plan.
You will be managing and developing audit teams, providing feedback, talent and performance management, coaching and motivation.
You will also supervise consultants from co-sourcing relationships and will work closely with our external auditors, E&Y, to co-ordinate, challenge, and execute work on their behalf. This will include assisting with the allocation of audit resources to ensure the audit plan is appropriately executed and supporting and leading (as appropriate) the recruitment and retention of a highly talented and diverse workforce.
This role will offer you regular interaction with Senior Management, including VP’s and Directors, as you will be responsible for reporting audit findings and SOX exceptions and working with management to ensure that action plans are completed in a timely manner. This includes managing the day-to-day relationship with Internal Controls to co-ordinate SOX 404 re-testing efforts, and assisting the Senior Manager, Quality Assurance with the re-test of management action plans for the 'Open Findings Report'. Throughout, we expect you to demonstrate a commitment to continually improve client satisfaction.
Last but not least, to realise all of this, you will work with cross-functional management teams across the organisation to leverage efficiencies and streamline the evaluation and monitoring of internal controls, including ensuring that management action plans are completed in a timely manner.
What we expect of you
- To be successful in this role, you must have good written and oral communication skills, excellent organisational and time management skills, and demonstrate an intermediate level understanding of financial, process, and control concepts. Business knowledge regarding financial and operational risk and control activities is also important.
- Your strengths are in coaching and developing individuals to deliver results while leading and engaging them. You have an appropriate level of delegation skills to promote individual development while managing accountabilities, establishing vision and initiating commitment through persuasion and influencing. You demonstrate strong leadership, teamwork, and verbal and written communication skills. Of course, project and process management skills are required to successfully manage audits.
- You have good presentation skills to communicate audit results to business partners and deliver training updates to team members. You have attention to detail in the review of audit documentation and reports, and apply analytical thinking for the evaluation of business processes and recommendation of solutions to address the identified issues.
- Up to 40% international travel may be required throughout our territories so experience functioning well in different cultures and societies is critical. Fluency in English is required - as we operate in other European countries, knowledge of French, German, Spanish, Bulgarian or Dutch is an asset.
- Completion of or progression towards professional qualifications (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIA, CISA, CPA or ACMA) is viewed as a positive and/or an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Risk Management, Finance, or a related field.
- Finally, you are customer focused to ensure that the audit processes and audit findings add value for the business partner audited.
If you would like to apply for this role, please apply directly at https://www.ccep.jobs/