Manager, Internal Audit, Butterfield Bank, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialised financial services.
Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH). Butterfield has earned a reputation for its reliability, integrity, security and confidentiality. The Group is regulated by the Bermuda Monetary Authority (BMA), which operates in accordance with Basel principles and maintains close contact with regulators in its other jurisdictions of operation.
At Butterfield, we pride ourselves on being approachable, disciplined and proactive. If you embody these qualities and have the necessary experience, you may be the one we're looking for.
Manager, Internal Audit
Reporting into the EVP, Head of Group Audit, the Manager, Internal Audit will be responsible for performing and leading assigned financial, operational and management audits.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing and leading audits and assigned auditors whilst carrying out regular internal audits, special investigations and special projects in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Designing and developing audit programmes to identify key risks and evaluate key controls
- Preparing and finalising audit reports for Executive and Departmental Management, as well as inclusion in reporting to the Audit, Compliance, Risk & Policy Committee of the Board
- Discussing findings with Department Head; following up to ensure recommendations or remedial action is taken, preparing record summaries and reporting delays to Audit Senior Management
- Providing expert advice to business units during the course of audits on control deficiencies and remedial recommendations
- Supporting fraud initiatives including training, investigations, providing statements to law enforcement, reporting as prescribed by legislation and appearing as a witness as necessary
- Keeping up to date with developments and legislative changes in the Financial Services industry, corporate governance and the auditing profession
- Liaising with the external auditors prior to and during bank audits and the external auditors’ annual audit of the Bank’s financial accounts
Required qualifications and skills:
- University degree in Accounting or Business and a professional qualification in external or internal audit (CA, CPA, ACA, FCA, CIA, CFE), plus eight years relevant post-qualification experience or equivalent
- Working knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the financial and banking industry including internal controls, bank policies, legal and regulatory requirements
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work toward strict deadlines
- Must have high ethical standards, and the ability to build trusting relationships
- Excellent writing, project management, and consulting skills
- Must be results oriented and customer focused
- Ability to effectively communicate with Senior Management
- Proficient with spreadsheets and computer assisted audit tools and techniques