Internal Auditor, University of Brighton
We are seeking an individual with knowledge of risk, internal control and audit practices to join our Internal Audit team here in Brighton.
In this role, you will assist the Director of Internal Audit with the planning, preparing and carrying out of a comprehensive internal audit service in order to provide independent and objective assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the university’s governance, risk management and control processes. You will undertake specific risk based audits into a variety of areas both financial and non-financial and ad hoc investigations. You will assist with the design, implementation and maintenance of financial systems and procedures to ensure sound internal control.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A relevant professional qualification and an understanding of financial/accounting/business systems
- An understanding of the principles of internal control and the management of risk
- The ability to build professional relationships and establish trust with clients
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Work-life balance including the opportunity for flexible working and low travel
- Use of the University’s sports and recreational facilities
- Personal development opportunities including access to University courses
Full details can be found below.
This post is on a full-time (37.00 hours per week), and permanent basis.
We welcome applications from candidates seeking to job share.
For an informal discussion regarding this position please contact Barry Frankham, Director of Internal Audit on 01273642724 or via e-mail email@example.com
The University of Brighton is committed to equality and embraces diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We welcome all applicants and are committed to providing a supportive and flexible working environment.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us section of our vacancies page.