Internal Auditor, Natural Resources Wales
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
The role will be reporting to the Internal Audit Manager. The post holder will deliver audit and consultancy work as allocated by the Manager or Head of Audit, to time, scope and in accordance with Public Sector Internal Audit Standards. The post holder will also co-ordinate recommendations follow up tracking. Where required, the post holder will provide advice to the organisation on internal controls, risk management and governance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Holding or working towards a professional internal audit qualification (CIIA)
- Experience of internal audit in a large, complex organisation
- Ability to deliver risk based internal audits from start to finish
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyse complex information
- Ability to write concise audit reports with clear recommendations
- Ability to retain objectivity and confidentiality
- Good understanding of effective risk management
- Broad knowledge of NRW and its functions
- Good understanding of PSIAS
- Experience of undertaking IT/Cyber audits
- Experience of delivery of consultancy work
- Driving licence holder
Essential Level 1 – able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases
Please note: If you do not meet the Welsh Language Requirements specified i.e. ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
For more information, please visit our website.