Internal Audit Officer, EUMETSAT
VN 19/37 INTERNAL AUDIT OFFICER
Within the Financial Control and Internal Audit (FIA) Division, the Internal Audit Officer performs end-to-end internal audit engagements of assurance or advisory nature, either as an audit team member or as a lead auditor, under the supervision of the Financial Control and Internal Audit Manager.
- Conduct or support assigned internal audits in accordance with the documented framework and standards applicable to EUMETSAT Internal Audits;
- Draft the work programmes, the preliminary audit reports, complete work programme follow-up, cross-reference and archive working papers and report to the Financial Control and Internal Audit Manager or the lead auditor on the progress of the assigned audit tasks, the issues encountered and findings;
- Support the Financial Control and Internal Audit Manager in the annual risk assessment process, the elaboration of the multi-annual and annual Internal Audit plans, the preparation of the annual report to the Audit Committee and the maintenance of the framework applicable to EUMETSAT Internal Audits;
- Contribute to the implementation of the FIA Division’s quality assurance and continuous improvement programme;
- Contribute to the development of a control culture within the organisation, including support to training of personnel;
- Participate in the meetings of the FIA Division, share information and support the fulfilment of Divisional objectives;
- Assist the Financial Control and Internal Audit Manager with any other activity in connection with the internal audit function as required.
- A University degree in finance, business administration or other.
Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in internal or external auditing;
- Experience in the use of ERP systems (ideally SAP) and IT tools for audit and data analysis;
- Thorough knowledge of international standards on auditing (IPPF of The Institute of Internal Auditors), and familiarity with international standards on internal control and risk management (COSO) and on accounting (IFRS, IPSAS);
- Demonstrated personal integrity and strong ethics;
- A confident self-starter with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels, orally and in writing;
- A methodical organised approach to managing workload, attention to detail, and sound active communication skills;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment, in an international organisation and/or in a high technology industry sector will be an advantage.
- A University degree in finance, business administration or other, plus relevant work experience of at least 3 years in a similar position is required;
- A professional certification such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be an advantage.
The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5 year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded A2/A4 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 5,612 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable on the basis of skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment for men and women.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited on the basis of their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)
Closing date 15th September 2019