Internal Audit Manager, Tesco
About the role
Group Audit & Advisory (GAA) provide independent assurance, insight and advice to Board and Management. We keep the Audit Committee informed on whether key business risks are being managed effectively, and we engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and from many different operational and financial areas of our retail business, including emerging brands. Our team also includes dedicated Technology specialists who focus on a wider range of bespoke applications, online security and change projects, forming a crucial part of our future transformation. GAA is a brilliant place to work and is a fantastic stepping stone into the organisation with amazing opportunities.
You'll be responsible for the end to end delivery of a number of audits that contribute to our global audit programme, delivering independent assurance and insight to the business and acting as a catalyst for change. Also, adapting to the changes in the ways of auditing, experience in Data Analytics is preferred.
- GAA has a positive workplace culture which drives engagement, teamwork, trust and self-development.
- As part of GAA, we would like to be recognised for:
- Building trust with the business so that colleagues come to us for help in solving complex problems and identifying key risks. We can genuinely improve the business by objectively challenging how it manages these risks, finding solutions and driving and embedding sustainable change
- Being an active partner for the business by advising and supporting on new initiatives and strategic changes, always making sure that the business is doing the right thing in the right way
- Championing people development in order to build a widely skilled and experienced team.
You will be responsible for
- Owning a portfolio of financial and operational audits each year from planning to reporting and follow up on agreed actions
- Occasionally managing an audit on behalf of the Head of Audit, overseeing quality assurance, RAG status and reviewing output
- Working with the business and having regular communication with stakeholders to ensure that audit issues are addressed
- Performing occasional ad hoc “in-flight” reviews of ongoing change initiative projects, helping to build a robust control framework
- Continually looking for ways to improve the audit function and contribute to/ help to deliver sustainable improvements to the department
- Driving my own audit training and keeping ahead of trends to enable my work to add value to the business
- Running the annual plan cycle and the annual risk register process,
- Writing and contributing to Audit Committee papers and audit plan KPI reporting
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified Accountant or IIA qualified Auditor
- Business acumen
- Ability to identify pragmatic solutions
- Written and verbal communication and the ability to demonstrate credibility with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure at a fast pace
- Project management skills
- Audit experience
- Prior experience of working in retail sector
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- Retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
To apply, please email your CV to Payal Khakhria at email@example.com