Internal Audit Manager - FTSE 250 Media Company
FTSE 250, 20% Travel ie New York, Sydney and Hong Kong
Growing Team, Career development to Senior Manager or into the business
About the employer
Our client is an international business information group. They are listed on the stock exchange and is a member of the FTSE 250 share index.
Their group covers publishing, asset management, price discovery, data and market intelligence. They also runs an extensive portfolio of large-scale events. They have revenues of circa £400m and a market cap of about £1.2bn.
The Internal Audit team is growing and therefore are recruiting an Internal Audit Manager as well as an Internal Auditor/Senior.
- Lead audits from planning through to reporting and issue management.
- Build and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders across the business to facilitate audit planning and execution.
- Line manager for the team's Internal Auditor.
- Coaching and development of Guest Auditors.
- Preparation of detailed audit reports including recommendations to improve standards of control.
- Continuous improvement of Internal Audit methodology.
- Assist in the implementation of the internal audit strategy as determined by the Head of Internal Audit and CFO.
- Contribute to the development of the Audit Plan and Audit Committee reports.
- Undertake ad - work to advise the business as required.
- Undertake special investigation work as required.
The Successful Applicant
- The ideal candidate would hold a recognised accountancy or auditing qualification and have at least 2 year's post-qualification audit experience.
- Experience of managing projects or assignments, with the ability to effectively prioritise work/delivery commitments to achieve timely and effective outcomes.
- Proactive self-starter, evidence of being resourceful and problem solving.
- Ability to use initiative and comfortable working without constant supervision.
- Capable of influencing key stakeholders to mitigate risks and meet control requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and comfortable working directly with senior stakeholders.
What's on Offer
- Internal Audit Manager role
- Progression to Senior Internal Audit Manager or into the business
- Audit function in early stages of development so room to implement own processes
- CFO interactions
- 20% travel to New York, Chicago, Hong Kong, Perth and Brisbane as well as other major cities
- City of London base
- Flexible working opportunities
- Media/ Entertainment/ Publishing/ Asset Management/ Intelligence / Data