Internal Audit Manager, Bank of Ireland
This is a management position within Bank of Ireland Group Internal Audit, reporting directly to the Portfolio Lead/Head of Audit. The successful candidate will be joining a highly engaged and motivated team who are responsible for working on assurance assignments across Bank of Ireland UK in an Agile audit delivery environment.
The role can be based in either London, Bristol or Belfast and will involve some travel within the UK, Ireland and other jurisdictions if required. We do not expect this to exceed 20% of the time.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical audit management background together with a high degree of commercial awareness. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Support the Portfolio Lead / Head of Audit in the identification and assessment of risks within the BoI Group.
- Support the Portfolio Lead in the development of an effective risk based assurance plan for the BoI Group.
- Lead relationships with senior management level clients across the BoI Group (beyond assurance project based interactions).
- Support the Portfolio Lead/Head of Audit in the on-going development of the BoI audit function.
- There is a large scope for development within the role. As experience and skills are developed, the most senior incumbents will have the ability to:
- Take on and deliver effective leadership for a business division / subject matter / risk category.
- Represent the Portfolio Lead/Head of Audit on key committees / project steering Groups. Adding valuable insights.
- Ensure they have an in-depth understanding of the key priorities, risks and challenges facing BoI UK, as well as those for the Bank overall
- Be self-motivated and lead in the planning, execution and reporting of assurance and review activities
- Support BoI UK business units, where appropriate, in identifying the appropriate actions required to address and improve risk management practices and internal control frameworks
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with senior management
- Undertake Continuous Monitoring and feed into quarterly risk assessment and Audit Opinion.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong audit skills and experience
- Strong understanding of risk management, governance and internal audit
- Excellent client management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Act as a coach and mentor
- Good knowledge of Retail Banking products and operations gained through industry experience or working for a professional services firm
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Professional with a registered qualification - ACA,ACCA, IIA or equivalent and/or suitable industry recognized qualification for area of expertise
- Proven track record in leading and delivering internal audits within Banking and/or Financial Services
- Manage Risk: Self
- Accountable: Self
- Champion Transformation: Self
- Agile: Self
- One Group, One Team: Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.