Head of IT Audit
Global Financial Services firm- fantastic reputation and career opportunities.
Based London, England, Europe .
The Head of IT Audit will have the experience and seasoning necessary to determine appropriate audit coverage for the core IT and Cybersecurity services that the business relies on and input to the overall global plan for coverage of these.
This role will be primarily focused on proving remote oversight and input to global audits, with key stakeholders and audit teams located in the US. For each audit, they will participate in the execution of all phases of the audits, supervising a local auditor and providing oversight of the work performed by global auditors. During planning, they will provide input and oversight to ensure the scope and audit approach is appropriate to ensure sufficient coverage for European activities, as well as for material global activities .
- Establish and maintain business relationships with senior IT management in Europe to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- Ability to work well with European, UK and other relevant regulators, as well as strong experience and understanding of European and UK regulatory environment.
- Work remotely to oversee, input, collaborate and coordinate with audits primarily undertaken by US auditors in the US, with some Coordinate and lead the execution of selected complex projects in areas of specialization and expertise.
- Prepare/approve the audit scope, work program, and testing plan for each IT audit assignment.
The Successful Applicant
Head of IT Audit requires
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience, in business, accounting, management information systems, or related field.
- High level of IT experience, preferably as an IT auditor with a large financial or financial related institution, or Big 4 assurance experience.
- Chartered Accountant preferred, with IT certifications (CISA, CISSP) or other relevant professional certification highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience managing audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment that includes mainframe, distributed and network technology platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute IT audits focusing on General Computer Controls, including Information Security, Information System Operations, Vendor Management, Business Continuity, Networks, Database, System Software, Hardware, and Application Development controls.
- Extensive information security and network control audit knowledge.
- Ability to work flexibly as needed including later starting and finishing times, working remotely or flexing schedules to accommodate stakeholders and auditors in US locations.
- Strong experience and understanding of European and UK regulatory environment would be highly regarded.
- Strong supervisory and time management skills.
- Experience in managing staff
- Experience evaluating controls associated with complex business processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organisational and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10% - 25%.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary and benefit and bonus package