Deputy Head Defence Counter Fraud & Corruption - Operations - G6/B1
The MOD requires an experienced counter fraud & corruption professional to lead and develop operational work within its central counter fraud capability Fraud Defence. These responsibilities include leading the Defence Confidential Hotline team, Fraud Investigation team and providing functional professional leadership across the department.
Fraud Defence is the central counter-fraud function for the MOD. It takes the strategic lead for fraud, corruption and other economic crime matters across Defence, it represents the MOD as the victim of fraud and drives the MOD’s coordinated response to fraud.
The team’s work is high profile, demanding and requires highly motivated and talented individuals to support the continuous development of MOD’s response to fraud and corruption. The work is challenging and varied but is extremely rewarding and provides an excellent insight into the workings of the MOD as a department of state. The team is risk and intelligence led, driving innovative solutions to fraud and corruption challenges. Collaboration is at the heart of how we work. The team works closely with a wide range of diverse stakeholders across MOD, UK government, defence industry and internationally.
The position will provide the successful candidate with excellent experiences across a range of SCS Competencies and therefore provide a good spring board for promotion.
This position is advertised at 36/37 hours per week Tacos dependent
Working to the SCS Head of Fraud Defence, you will have responsibility for:
- the development and delivery of Fraud Defence operational output and managing the Confidential Hotline and Investigation teams.
- enhancing the response to allegations of fraud, corruption and related unethical practice in Defence.
- leading an investigation team delivering complex, high profile casework and the Defence Confidential Hotline service progressing allegations and duty of care considerations for whistleblowers;
- providing professional and strategic direction for the MOD’s response to complex investigations or ethical challenges;
- driving continuous improvement in counter fraud operational standards for whistleblower case management and investigation;
- Delivering corporate senior leadership responsibilities and supporting the Head of Fraud Defence on counter-fraud and corruption projects and initiatives.
The role is high profile. The professional demands of the role will need you to have substantial subject matter knowledge and experience, combined with management and organisational skills, in a relevant counter fraud & corruption and/or ethics and integrity role.
It is highly desirable that you have qualifications, experience and skills in a relevant professional discipline such as a qualified accountant with substantial forensic experience, law, audit or as specialist counter fraud professional.
You will be based in London, operating across the UK and occasionally overseas when required.
- Access to learning and development tailored to your professional development;
- Free gym on site;
- A working environment that supports a range of flexible working options;
- A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity;
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years' service;
- A civil service pension.
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
This position will attract the relevant London weighting.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Name: Steven Prideaux
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 19th January 2020