Capital and Liquidity Audit Manager
About Our Client
World leading financial groups, offering services including investment and commercial banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
The Capital and Liquidity Audit Manager is responsible for the execution and delivery of audit engagements, working within audit teams on the scoping, planning and delivery of audit engagements, occasionally acting as audit lead. Delivery and execution of all engagements will adhere to audit methodology and include formal sign-offs of key documents and processes within an audit file.
Specifically, key responsibilities of the Audit Manager will include:
Undertaking effective ongoing monitoring of capital, treasury and liquidity assurance, highlighting key risk issues to business and EIAO management.
- Assist the Head of Audit in aspects of the maintenance of the risk universe, risk assessments and audit plans where required.
- Support Senior Audit Managers (SAM) on strategy and approach papers for entities and risks within their Head of Audit's portfolio. May be set appropriate continuous monitoring assignments by the Head of Audit/SAMs
- Understand and develop specialist areas of subject matter expertise in Capital & Liquidity. These areas (if not already known) will be agreed by the Head of Audit based on the team's skills assessment matrix
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with key stakeholders and auditees within their audit engagements or areas of continuous monitoring.
- Execute and deliver aspects of audit engagements to the required methodology standard.
- Apply audit methodology to all work performed, seeking guidance as required.
- Assist in agreeing Management Action Plans and Issue follow-up with stakeholders, as directed
- Develop an appreciation of risk and control more generally in banking.
- Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit colleagues regionally and globally
- On occasions, be required to work on team initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
Essential experience for the Capital and Liquidity Audit Manager
- Experience of working in a 2nd line of defence or Audit function within the Financial Services sector.
- Good understanding of Capital & Liquidity either in a major banking institution or Big 4 firm
- Knowledge of Capital & Liquidity areas eg Regulatory Compliance of CRD IV requirements including RWA calculations
- A good understanding of the regulatory environment, in particular the FCA and PRA Handbooks.
- Experience of working in a similar audit function for a major corporate/investment bank.
- Knowledge of how to use data analytics to drive continuous risk monitoring and perform audits.
- Experience in ICAAP & ILAAP.
- Experience gained in the relevant first or second line of defence function.
What's on Offer
Competitive package- please enquire