AVP, Senior Bank Auditor, Butterfield Bank
The position reports to VP, Head of Internal Audit. In performing financial, operational and management audits, assesses the adequacy of internal controls and ensures that all laws and regulations are observed.
- Conduct and/or assist in specialized audits of banking activities, reviewing activities, recording findings and discussing the findings.
- Prepare individual audit work papers and records.
- Prepare written reports of results and findings of audits under direction.
- Assist in following-up with concerned departments/subsidiaries to ensure that approved recommendations or remedial action has been taken. Records summaries of actions. Reports delays as necessary.
- Prepare/assist in the preparation of reporting to executive management and Board committees both at a jurisdictional and group level.
- Contribute to the audit functions risk assessment and planning process.
- Contribute to the continued development and promotion of the internal auditing function within Butterfield.
- Assist external auditors and other departments as required.
- Assist in fraud initiatives including investigations, providing statements to law enforcement, reporting as prescribed by legislation and appearing as a witness as necessary.
- Ability to travel on a flexible schedule as required.
- University degree with professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACA, FCA) and 1 year relevant post-qualification experience.
- Internal audit experience preferred.
- Fiduciary/ Trust experience preferred.
- Awareness and understanding of key regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must have high ethical standards, and the ability to build trusting relationships.
- Good management, communication, mediation and consulting skills.
- Results oriented and customer service focused with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work toward strict deadlines.
Describe the amount and nature of the thinking required in the job in the form of analysing, reasoning, evaluating etc. Include the thinking environment – freedom to think as well as the complexity of the problems encountered.